Thursday, January 13, 2005

Appreciation to the body and mind

I am really interested in the mind and how it works. Did you ever think about the thought process and what chemicals are necessary in the brain in order to make it happen? Do you ever wonder where these words come from that you speak/type/think? I mean really, when you are having a conversation, you never know what the person is going to say. How on earth do you respond so quickly or have that understanding of what they are talking about? How is it possible to have those moments where you finish someone's sentence or say just the right word someone is trying to think of?

People really underestimate the intelligence they possess as well as the miracles that happen throughout their bodies and minds. People go through life doing the things they do, and take advantage of them. And it's really a shame because everything we do is really spectactular. We adapt, learn, feel, relate, help...we do so many things...and we are all the same but with our own different identities and characteristics. And somehow, with all that, we can have so much in common. Everyone has the opprotunity to relate. From here to Nepal. It's so beautiful, yet so overlooked. It's like colorful fireworks that no one pays attention to. Think about the people you meet. Think about how you meet them. Think about how in a matter of minutes, you can either make a friend or a foe. In a matter of minutes, you can realize how much or how little you can relate to someone just by talking to them. Sometimes you don't even have to talk to them, you can just tell. It's all so amazing, open your eyes world and see all the life around you. Appreciate it while you experience it.

I would like to become fluent in another language, and then speak to someone from where the language is origanted from. Meaning, maybe perfect my spanish, and then go to spain and have conversations with natives of the country. I believe I would appreciate human relation more than ever. Thinking about it, diversity and relation would go hand in hand in that situation. I would be speaking with someone from a different origin, of a different culture, and so on...while in some ways relating to them with beliefs, certain experiences, and common bonds such as family and friends.


And with this reborn appreciation of life

I am more conscious to the blood flowing throughout my body

Pumping from my heart to all my vital organs and then my limbs

Air goes through my noses and is sifted

so that only oxygen goes to my lungs

and the carbon monoxide is returned to the air.

I notice how my eyes blink

simultaneously

at a steady pace with equal intervals inbetween

A process to keep dust and foreign particals out of my eyes.

And as I type these words, signals are being sent from my brain

and down my vertebrae

giving orders for my body to move

Syncronically, the thought process aids in the ordeal

Bringing thoughts to my fingers

so that the action of typing is not an empty tap tap

but a clatter of tapping full of ideas and feelings

with every letter forming a word to appear on this screen

A screen merely made up of pixils.

This box with a luminous picture,

is simply just a box...filled with interconnecting wires,

working together with technology and electricity

to form a computer...

the most intelligent innatimate object known to man.

And much like the computer, is the human.

The difference being, we are not a box

but a skeleton.

Not filled with wires

but with bones, tendons, tissues, muscles, organs, fats, veins, capillaries, arteries, blood, particles, molecules, atoms.

But we both have the ability to learn and retain information.

What makes us different is the contents and the fact that computers are unable to have thought process or feelings.

We out do them in that area of spontantity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home