Monday, April 17, 2006

I'm no April Fool

It's raining and pouring
The folks up there are bowling
Lights are flashing
The ground is shaking
I hear you singing
Love will find a way

My eyes are heavy
My heart is full
I feel like driving
Westward, let's go
We will follow the setting sun
Watch the day in reverse
and grow younger

As King Kong, I will hold you in my palm
'Beautiful' you say
I pound my chest
For I am big and clumsy
but I mean well
And I love you

Sometimes I hear you sing softly to yourself
I smile because I know the words
And sometimes we sing together
Louder and louder, we don't even realize
One day we will be screaming the words
And we will fly to the moon

The moon, the moon, the blue light of the moon
We didn't talk and silently we both felt powerful
And like the moon, my chest was full

I want to watch the storm with you.
Go to the same park and sit on that same bench,
Watch the storm clouds roll in,
With you.
I want to run around wrapped in a blanket,
In the rain, getting wet on the way to a dry location and loving that inbetween time,
with you.
Flash crash goes the sky
We squeel in delight
We jump in the car and watch as rain floods the windshield
like an amazon waterfall
And turn on the heat to get rid of the cool shudder
of wet clothes and skin chilled by a strong wind
And I wish for the day to last forever

I love you I love you I love you
I love each and every one of you
I can't say it enough
Forever and infinity

And I know this has no structure
And I know it may not make sense
But I hope you find your part in this sceme of things,
Your little nook in my heart,
And remember that you can always find comfort there
love
life

It never ends

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home