Saturday, August 13, 2005

Sail away, sweet stranger.

I'm sorry I never knew you in the way I wish I could. You know me for my music, I know you as a lingering memory.

In bed, I held a stranger
as I pulled the covers up to keep her warm...
Only for a time, and it was a time long ago
Because currently I dont exist anymore.
Friend, love, foe
So quickly did our time fly by
For she kissed my lips to meet me
Before we even said 'hi'
I read her mouth like braille
only to find out we wouldn't be friends at all
No, we flew past that
with lust as our distraction
I didn't know what I was doing
I was still akward and naive
But nevertheless, it felt right
Even though everything was so new
Now it's in the past
Everything that has happened is done
She has long forgotten me
and has replaced me with someone else
The hurt makes no difference
but if there was anything I could say,
it'd simply be:
"Sail away, sweet stranger.
So quickly did our time fly by.
Such a shame I never met you;
But I do my best to comply"

All I know is what it feels like
with her body against mine
and a cool breeze on our bare shoulders
unprotected by the sheets
Or how I would run my finger up her spine
when her body became acquainted with mine
And how the shy clumsiness went away
with each time we made contact

Her name was Astarte...
a name that leaves you drunk with infatuation,
a headache, and a scar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home