Sunday, August 14, 2005

Telephobia and an apple in my eye

Honestly, I don't know. I really did have my boxers on backwards and it was early in the morning. The rest came to me slowly as I felt around for the words...and this is what came up. Sometimes it's hard for me to admit things, and this was the only way I could voice it- or whatever feelings I may be stifling.

I knew I was out of sorts today
when I realized my boxers were on backwards
and I have an apple in my eye


"And love just like blood will always stain"

Beep, beep, beep
goes the pay phone
with the phone hanging off the hook
Talk, talk, talk
goes the robot
"If you'd like to make a call,
please hang up and try again."
Stunned, you don't remember the number
but luckily your fingers remember the motions
Boop beep boo bop bee deep doo dop bop beep boop
Ring, ring, ring
yells the telephone
you wait in anticipation,
choking on each breath
because you've forgotten how to breathe
Hello, hello, hello
goes the reciever
at a loss of words
you end up stumbling,
stuttering,
and tripping over what words find your mouth
Um, um, um
escapes your mouth.
What, what, what
they say impaciently.
Eyes wide, tougue tied
whispering with cheeks so red:
"I love you"

"Oh well," she thought, for the only hope she contained was what
remained unknown.

Oh well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home