Monday, August 23, 2004

Go to bed, my love...

I wrote this after hearing about Gracie's accident and how a lot of my friend's weren't getting sleep from the American Dream Project. I wrote it on a napkin with a red permanent marker on a break while writing my own big ass essay...half asleep myself. It kinda helped that I was half asleep because I had an idea how they felt.

You sound so sleepy,
Did I wake you?
It's been a long day
I'm glad you made it.
How did you make it?
How could you take it?
I know you're tired,
Closer to sleep with every wink...
Each blink gets longer after a while
Why don't you relax?
Why don't you sleep?
You deserve every wink
To wake in the morning and smile at the sun..
Those tired eyes dont do you justice
When your lips have to smile alone.
Go to bed, my love
Rest your head

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home